Okay so I know it’s been a while but better late than never. Here is a nice little play-by-play of how the biggest day of our lives, this far, went down. Be aware that beyond this point is a ridiculously impressive amount of details so stay with me. Here we go.
The day started out much like any other…besides the fact that the alarm went off at 6:20am…okay, not so much like any other day, especially since we didn’t get to bed until 3am, no bueno. All of us girls got showered and ready by 7 so my aunt could come over and make us beautiful. The process was grueling and torturous but beauty is pain so we took it like men. I was the first to be done because Jason and I needed to be at the temple by noon to take pictures.
This is my favorite part of the story so pay attention! Right before we went into the ceremony, we got the chance to spend a few minutes together, just Jason and I. We talked about the journey it took to get us to the temple and how happy we were that we made it. Now, though this moment was precious, I’d be lying if I said that I wasn’t nervous and, frankly, about to have a heart attack on that very couch. It was then that two temple workers came in to lead us into the room where our close friends and family eagerly awaited our arrival. I don’t remember much of our walk over there…it’s all a blur now. All I remember is holding Jason’s hand as tight as I could and feeling as though my heart was about to pound right out of my chest. We entered the room and sat down while the sealer gave us some counsel on how to have a lasting and happy marriage. I think the advice was pretty good but I couldn’t say because I was too busy seeing black spots. The time came for us to stand across the alter and be married for all time and eternity. I’m not sure how I got the strength to get there but somehow I ended up kneeling across from the most adorable boy I had ever seen. He held my hand as tears ran down my face. I glanced over at my momma one last time and I knew that i could do it. I had been so scared for so long that marriage meant that i would have to let go of my family but it didn't. It just meant that i was making it bigger, making room for more. I could do that. At that moment, my heart attack disappeared. I was healed!! Before I knew it, we were married. What a relief! After the ceremony, we headed outside to greet the rest of our friends and family as a married couple. They clapped and cheered for us. Once again, I was so happy we made it. It was more than worth every so-called “sacrifice.”
Now it was time to take some more pictures with the bridal party and family. We tried to make it quick because the heat was making everyone a little loopy. After about 45 minutes, we all hopped in the car and headed home to prepare for our reception, which was being held just an hour and a half later. The plan was to practice our entrance into the reception before our guests started to arrive but that was quickly discarded by what happened next…
We pulled into the driveway and walked over to the tent, which was beautiful. It was just like I had always envisioned. Only one thing was missing…okay two things: the cake and the DJ. As you might imagine, I was a little less than pleased. I walked into the house to find my parents huddled together whispering, oh snap…that was never a good sign. I confronted them and they told me that the DJ and the cake lady were running late but that they would be here at 5:40 so that it all would be set up and ready by 6. I wasn’t happy but I would survive as long as it was ready in time. I anxiously watched the clock as the time flew by…5:00…5:20…5:40…5:41…I had had it! At this point, it was probably best that everyone steered clear of me. I went into the kitchen to find one of the two caterers talking to my brother in law about how they had no idea where they were and that they couldn’t get in contact with them. Okay, I was officially livid. Six o’clock came around and I busted into tears. Luckily, I had (have) an amazing husband who cuddled with me for a while to try and calm me down, to no avail of course but still a sweet gesture nonetheless. Unfortunately, time continued to pass, taking the rest of my patience along with it. Finally, after 50 more minutes, they arrived and I could breathe. We got everyone into their positions so we make our grand entrance, which we only got to practice once, and thankfully, the rest of the night went on without a hitch. I wish I could say the same for the cake, which looked and tasted like cardboard topped with some icing, it was humiliating. The funny thing is, we left for our weeklong cruise and came home to find that the cake had been forgotten in the yard and nothing had touched it. Not even the raccoons that go through our trash any chance they get. Yep…it was that yummy!


So there you have it. Our big day came and went in what now seems like the blink of an eye. Now that it’s all over, I’m so grateful for the memories that were made along the way and the ability to laugh at them now. They are a constant reminder to me of what that day was all about: being sealed to my best friend. Definitely the best day of my life.


haha I LOVE you guys! and i love this, besides the cake and DJ,this was the bestess day in my entire, to see my beautiful friend get sealed and married to the man of her dreams, it couldn't have gone any better than this.You are a true blessing to my life and i know i say that so much, but it couldn't be more true! Heavenly Father couldn't have picked a better friend for me, and i'm so thankful for every small moment that we get to spend when we hangout, you are a great girl and a great person :)...." Distance never separates two hearts that really care,
ReplyDeletefor our memories span the miles and in seconds we are there.
But whenever i start feeling sad, because i miss you, i remind
myself how lucky i am to have someone so special to miss." You are my BEST FRIEND! and I wish you AAAALLL the happiness in the world close to your husband,you guys make a great match, i love you both! :)