How cute is he? I have to admit that I’m in shock because I would never have guessed him to be a blogger…I mean, he takes his “man card” (A requirement to be accepted as a respectable member of the male community. Can and should be revoked by other respectable males for doing non-respectable-male things) holding privileges very seriously. Now that I know of his creative abilities, I can use this to my advantage…I have a feeling he’ll be regretting this.
Anyway, my adorable fiancée did an amazing job at telling our love story…however, I have a few things of my own that I would like to add.
My love for Jason began a really long time ago. At ten I began to have feelings for him that might seem slightly abnormal for such a young age. Moving from Florida was a devastating thing for me because it meant that my chances of ever marrying Jason just went out the window. As we were saying goodbye to our good friends that day, Jason walked over to hug me and something amazing happened. The moment his arms wrapped around me, I felt a spark! You know, the goosebump/butterflies in the stomach feeling. Even back then he always knew the right things to say. He held me and told me everything was going to be okay. He was right.
We grew up and went to high school, our paths crossing only once in a while. Not a day went by without me thinking of him and wondering how different my life would be if he even knew I existed. I would spend countless hours dreaming about the day when I might cross his mind, even if it were only for a second. Well that day came along. It was the summer of 2007
when he walked into my life and my heart felt that spark again! Those 2 weeks were the best weeks I can remember and no, it’s not just because he had his shirt off every time I turned around…but that was a plus. Every night I wrote in my journal about how amazing he was and how I would never deserve him. Those feelings of inadequacy didn’t stop the impressions I continued to get whenever I laid my head down at night and had dreams of our children and the life we would soon have together. Something inside of me knew that one day he would be mine. The Spirit is a funny thing.
when he walked into my life and my heart felt that spark again! Those 2 weeks were the best weeks I can remember and no, it’s not just because he had his shirt off every time I turned around…but that was a plus. Every night I wrote in my journal about how amazing he was and how I would never deserve him. Those feelings of inadequacy didn’t stop the impressions I continued to get whenever I laid my head down at night and had dreams of our children and the life we would soon have together. Something inside of me knew that one day he would be mine. The Spirit is a funny thing.
The night before they were going to leave, Audrey and i stayed up crying. Jason came in the room and sat on the bed across from us, just watching. When we finally decided to go to sleep, Jason came up to hug me and he held me for a minute or two. He wiped my tears away and fixed my hair, moved my bangs to the side and kissed my forehead. Once again, he whispered everything was going to be okay. Man, he’s good!
He went off to college and on to serve a mission. I finished high school and went on to attend college as well. I came home for break and began to have very strong promptings to stay home from my next semester, which was suppose to start 5 weeks later. I let some time pass before praying about the impressions i had been receiving but when i finally did, i got the most powerful answer. I was staying home but i didn't know why. Not very many days passed before we got a phone call from Jacqueline saying that she wanted to come visit our new baby and she wanted to bring Jason with her. Bam! There was my answer and the rest is history.
It's funny. Sometimes it hits me out of nowhere that i'm marrying the boy of my dreams in 11 days. I can't describe the joy that comes from knowing that Heavenly Father had a hand in my life and that He loved me enough to give me someone that i never deserved to have. The only answer i can give is sometime along the way i must have done something right.
That's awesome! A similar thing happened to me when I came home from BYU-I after my first semester. I felt the prompting to stay in Florida so I did and met Bevan a few weeks later.
ReplyDeletecan i just say i almost cried when i read this. i love it!!
ReplyDeleteThe Spirit is amazing. I'm proud of you for listening to those promptings. How vital was that! Also, am I detecting a little of that "color" Jason was talking about on his original post. Did you get ahold of that Jord??? xoxo
ReplyDelete