Monday, March 28, 2011

Okay, so here's our story...

It was long ago, a light breeze blew as a thin fog settled on the...jk!

For those of you who don't know, Jordan and I have been good friends since we were little kids. I first met her fourteen years ago, she was five and i was eight. She was best friends with my twin sister and I was best friends with her older brother so we were always around each other. She and her family lived in our neighborhood and we were always over there hanging out. Due to job circumstances, she and her family moved away six years later. That was a sad time for us because losing their friendship left such an absence in our lives; even more so than i realized for Jordan.

We continued to grow, little did i know that she had any feelings for me. We visited their family once in a while; every couple years or so. My family has always been best friends with hers. During those visits her love for me grew and even God had His hand in the mix. Since she was ten years old, she's had some very prominent feelings, experiences, and even dreams where she knew that she and I would be married some day. According to her, there was no doubt about it. I had no clue whatsoever so i just continued to live my life unknowing that she was patiently waiting until I would finally realize what she already knew. Who would have known that my soon-to-be wife would be the very girl that was one of my best friends throughout my childhood? We continued to grow up and lead separate lives. I went off to serve a mission for my church in the Amazons of Peru as she graduated and went off to attend college at BYU-Idaho. She wrote me a few times while i was on the mission and I never responded; I wasn't one for writing letters. I would have written back if i had only known of the wrath i was going to face when i came home and had to answer to her, not three weeks after my return, i might add. The terror of it all seemed to disappear though. The moment i saw her. All i could think of was how beautiful she was and how she was everything I've always wanted. Thankfully, reality kicked in and it was then that i realized i should probably pick my tongue off the ground and whip the drool off my face. Man, a lot can change after two years of being in a foreign country, let me tell you. We were together for ten unforgettable days, where shared the most amazing kiss. I was in love at that very moment and have been ever since. I am so happy. I love her and there's no doubt in my mind that she loves me. We are getting married in eleven days after six long months. So there you have it. That's how we went from childhood friends to eternal sweethearts.

1 comment:

  1. ahhh my heart can't take it. So happy for you! Loved this sentimental post!!

    ReplyDelete